Sunday 8 July 2012

24 Hour Challenge

Hi, I hope you're all enjoying your weekend and none of you are under water! It's been very wet and thoroughly miserable here lately, although we did see the sun for a while yesterday - I'd almost forgotten what it looked like! 

Yesterday, Betty from Simply Betty Stamps and some super talented ladies held a blog hop to showcase the latest, and very exclusive Simply Betty stamps, the Betty 3's (you can find them here). You should also check out the blog hop to see the amazing work on show, it starts hereAs part of the blog hop, there was a challenge to recreate one of the designs using any Simply Betty image in just 24 hours!! 

I happened to have purchased Gymnast Sally just hours earlier (I simply adore her and who can resist a twirly ribbon stick?!), so I took the opportunity to use her! (You can find her here). I coloured her up but decided once I came to put the card together that she needed shrinking a little - 



It was hard choosing a design to recreate but I eventually settled on the lovely Irene's Betty Jones card. The original card can be found here . I loved so many of the designs but I ultimately chose this because I could see the most potential for the stamp I wanted to use. 

So, anyway, I know you're wanting to see what I did with Gymnast Sally, so here goes - 


I hope you like it. I stuck close to the beautiful design by Irene but it just so happened that I had this beautiful purple organza ribbon at the top of the small box of craft goodies I have beside me so I couldn't resist the little addition. 



I also opted for three flowers rather than one. These are basic punched flowers, punched from thick handmade white paper and coloured with the same promarkers I used for Gymnast Sally's leotard, with 4mm pearls in the centre. 



I had some die cuts here that I cut with my Memory box, Pastry Labels die a week or so ago, so I've added one with more of the beautiful organza ribbon. When I've chosen an occasion I'll stamp a suitable sentiment onto it. 


Well, I had better stop here and get this linked up while I still have time! I hope you like my card and thank you for stopping by. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, 

Beth x





2 comments:

Corinne said...

WOW, wonderful job and you did GREAT casing Irene's card! Thank you so much for joining in on our fun!
Hugs

Laura B said...

Beautiful job! Such a pretty card!:)